- 1 T white sesame seeds
- 1 bunch kale, deveined and thinly sliced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1 T soy sauce
- 2 t toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Generous pinch of salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Hemp hearts
1. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and olive oil. Place the crushed garlic clove in the dressing, and let infuse while you prep the kale.
2. Wash kale and dry well. Devein the kale, slice thinly, and place in a large bowl.
3. In the large bowl, toss kale with a generous pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Massage into kale with your hands until it is slightly wilted and has turned a brighter green color.
4. In a small skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 1 minute. Stir to make sure they do not burn.
5. Remove garlic clove from the dressing and pour over greens. Add the toasted sesame seeds, half of the scallions, and toss well.
6. Top with red pepper flakes, cilantro, the rest of the scallion, and hemp hearts. For a heartier dish, top with tofu (tamari dijon tofu is pictured).