As featured on Into the Gloss.
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (alternately, you can use unsweetened almond milk and add a dash of vanilla)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 banana, sliced
- Raw almond butter
- Granola (Go Raw is a great gluten-free option)
1. In a jar, combine the chia seeds, rolled oats, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Add a squeeze of honey or agave nectar to taste.
2. Mix well and stick in the fridge to soak overnight. The mixture will thicken as the chia seeds expand.
3. Combine raspberries, honey, and lemon in a jar. Use the back of a spoon to mash the mixture together until it creates a jam-like consistency. (If you are using frozen raspberries, run them under warm water to make them easier to mash).
4. Stick in the fridge.
5. In the morning, mix the chia overnight oats to evenly combine.
6. Use two glass jars and gradually add each layer to the jar. Begin with a layer of the chia oat mixture, top that with raspberry jam, and then layer of sliced banana.
7. Add the remaining chia oat mixture and top with almond butter and a sprinkling granola for a little crunch factor.
8. Alternately, arrange chia oat mixture with raspberry jam and toppings in a bowl as pictured.