For the Quinoa Falafel:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine chickpeas, garlic, onion, cumin,olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Scoop into a medium bowl, and add the flour, baking soda, quinoa, mint, and cilantro. Stir well.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the mixture, and gently shape into balls.
- Cook for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through so they are evenly browned. You will need to use a spatula to flip them since they stick to the parchment just slightly. Be gentle and they will hold together nicely.
- Enjoy with the below!
For the Avocado Salad
In a medium bowl, combine the red onion, basil, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepperl Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Score the inside of the flesh with a knife, taking care not to cut through the skin. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Toss it into the bowl and gently stir everything to combine. Check for seasoning, and adjust as needed.
For the Creamy Mint + Basil Dressing
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender until well combined. These measurements are approximate (I kept adding more as I went). Since it is a dressing, you can adjust to your taste and add more/less water depending on how thick you want it!