As featured on Into the Gloss.
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (alternately, you can use unsweetened almond milk and add a dash of vanilla)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 banana, sliced
- Raw almond butter
- Granola (Go Raw is a great gluten-free option)
- In a jar, combine the chia seeds, rolled oats, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Add a squeeze of honey or agave nectar to taste.
- Mix well and stick in the fridge to soak overnight. The mixture will thicken as the chia seeds expand.
- Combine raspberries, honey, and lemon in a jar. Use the back of a spoon to mash the mixture together until it creates a jam-like consistency. (If you are using frozen raspberries, run them under warm water to make them easier to mash).
- Stick in the fridge.
- In the morning, mix the chia overnight oats to evenly combine.
- Use two glass jars and gradually add each layer to the jar. Begin with a layer of the chia oat mixture, top that with raspberry jam, and then layer of sliced banana.
- Add the remaining chia oat mixture and top with almond butter and a sprinkling granola for a little crunch factor.
- Alternately, arrange chia oat mixture with raspberry jam and toppings in a bowl as pictured.