Make the Rice and Chickpeas
- In a medium pot, combine 1 cup rice, 2 1/4 cups water and bring to a boil. Stir once, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas, pat dry with a paper towel. Coat lightly with olive oil, salt, and spices (like paprika and a pinch of cayenne) and place in a 425 F oven for about 30 minutes (I usually just take them out when I am ready to serve).
Make the Fried Nut Mixture
- Line a bowl with a paper towel.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat until it shimmer. Add the nuts, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until the nuts are turning golden, about 3 – 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Transfer to the paper towel-lined bowl to drain. Season with a touch more salt if needed.
Make the Matcha Ginger Dressing
- Combine all the ingredients in a mini food processor and blend. Alternately, you can whisk the ingredients together and finely grate the ginger.
- Divide the rice among 3 to 4 bowls. Top with chickpeas, carrots, celeriac root, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and fried nut mixture. Drizzle dressing on top, and serve with additional dressing on the side.